Saturday, July 31, 2010

Misssions Trip. Rosebud Reservation, SD

Here are a few shots of the Missions trip. It was a good week. I learned to not worry about what is ahead, and just take each day at a time. Also, I need to remember to be still and know that God is God. Can I get an amen?!? 




During the day, my group was sent out to work on painting teacher's housing in St. Francis, SD. This is what the house looked like when we started painting, just a mess:

This is what the house looked like after, all finished:

We had about 43 highschoolers go on this trip, we got split into groups for the work projects. This was the group that Chris Versteeg and I got blessed with. They worked so hard and were proud of the finished product. Awesome job:

One morning before we stopped at a museum and a BEAUTIFUL church:


















I think this is the churches website.

One of Johnny Cash's guitar at the museum:

During the evenings, we took outings and did little events. My favorite was when we drove to Valentine, NE (40 miles away from the res.) and hiked and did our nights devotions in God's beautiful nature scene:


My friend Heather, who was one of the staff members, she told us what to do and where to go. She plays violin, just like me! I bonded with her and we had a lot in common. I miss her. I can't find her on facebook :( 
If you are out there Heather, get a hold of me!


After the week was up in Rosebud, SD...we went to Rapid City for a day. We got to see Mt. Rushmore and other things:
That is the quick look into the week! Hope you enjoyed :) 
Thanks for your prayers and support. We felt every bit if it!
-simplyJUDYBLIGH

No comments:

Post a Comment