Monday, November 29, 2010

Advent Calendar

I was thinking about the Advent Calendar the other day. I know what you have to do...but I wasn't sure why people do them. Of course it is fun to get little gifts every day, but what is the real meaning?


I found this article
"Centuries ago, the importance of this event caused many Christians to feel that it was inadequate merely to mark off only one day on the yearly calendar for celebrating this incredible gift from God. Believers had (and still do have) such a sense of awe and overwhelming gratitude and wonder at what happened that first Christmas that they felt the need for a period of preparation immediately beforehand. They could then not only take time themselves to meditate on it, but also teach their children the tremendous significance of Christmas." source.
I love it. It is in preparation for Jesus Birth! Can I get an amen to this please!?!
source


source
source


source
source

1 comment: